My years of experience working with children, teens, and adults helps me get quickly oriented to the needs of each individual client. I have a passion for helping as many types of people with as many kinds of issues as possible, approaching challenges with both knowledge and hope. For over eight years I was fortunate enough to see my clients at my Los Angeles and South Bay private practice locations. I am able to maintain seeing California residents via telehealth, as I hold a license in both states. I currently see diverse men, women, and adolescents in my private practice in Rockwall, Texas as well.
Some of the issues I specialize in helping with:
- Postpartum depression, anxiety, and perinatal mood disorders.
- Grief and loss
- Difficulties in relationships
- Life transitions
- Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology with and emphasis in depth Psychology, and a focus on the rich theory and practice of Jungian psychology, Pacifica Graduate Institute.
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology, Arizona State University.
- Training in psychodynamic psychotherapy at The Maple Counseling Center, Beverly Hills.
- Therapist for Jewish Family Services school-based program for children between the ages of five to twelve.
- Supervisor for teens at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Teen Line and outreach program.
- Los Angeles Institute and Society for Psychoanalytic Studies (LAISPS) year long certificate training.
- Trauma Resiliency Model (TRM) training, which is a mind/body approach that focuses on the biological basis of trauma.
- Maternal Mental Health NOW certificate training on perinatal mood and anxiety disorders, including depression and anxiety during pregnancy, postpartum and anxiety, OCD, and postpartum psychosis.
- Postpartum Support International (PSI) advanced perinatal mental health psychotherapy training.
- Brainspotting (BSP) training, Phase One, Two, and Three. “Brainspotting is a powerful, focused treatment method that works by identifying, processing and releasing core neurophysiological sources of emotional/body pain, trauma, dissociation and a variety of other challenging symptoms. Brainspotting is a simultaneous form of diagnosis and treatment, enhanced with Biolateral sound, which is deep, direct, and powerful yet focused and containing. Brainspotting functions as a neurobiological tool to support the clinical healing relationship. There is no replacement for a mature, nurturing therapeutic presence and the ability to engage another suffering human in a safe and trusting relationship where they feel heard, accepted, and understood.” (Brainspotting.com)
Prior to becoming a therapist, I worked in entertainment for nearly two decades where I gained valuable insight into the challenges of being a performing artist, as well as the soulful possibilities of creative pursuits.
I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist LMFT CA 83892, TX 203661.